<$BlogRSDURL$>
Packbacker

CONTACT INFO: If you'd like to contact either Tyler or Micah, our email addresses are tyler.valiquette@gmail.com, and micahdelfino@gmail.com respectively. Also, look for us on MSN Messenger, as we're on frequently.

Thursday, April 28, 2005
 
Guess who´s back

First, I´d like to apologize profusely to our readers, who had to subsist entirely on a diet of Tyler-created posts for the last two months. Blog posts are only one of the two things Tyler creates on any given day, and they both smell about the same. So, to rescue our dear readers, I have been forced to return not only to the trip, but also to the world of bloggin'.

For those who didn´t know, both Tyler and I returned to the states back in September. Our reasons differed; Tyler had a wedding to crash, and I simply had no more funds to continue the raucous rebellious revelry of the previous 8.5 months. So, I moved into my sister´s spare room in Seattle and proceeded to try to find gainful employment so that I could recharge my depleted funds and the glorious galavanting could begin anew. Given that I was now living essentially on my sister's couch at 25, I figured I should probably go ahead and wear Simpsons T-shirts and get a job in a comic book store. That and grow a goatee. However, instead I decided to take up politics. In the end, if I had worked at the comic book store, I could at least have had an awesome pair of 26-sided dice to show for it. In deference to my readership, some of whom I am certain do not agree with my politics, I will spare the political invective, but suffice to say I felt the the government of the United States was enough of a threat to everything that rocks in the world that I should effectively delay my ability to acquire funds, and instead devote myself for a few months to trying to end their rein of baby-eating terror by electing a different, probably equally corrupt man into our highest office. We lost.

So, after that, I worked a number of odd jobs (delivered asian food for awhile until I couldn't stand reeking like chow mein, worked at a corporate coffee shop, did web development for various clients). In february, to speed up the accrual of funds, I decided I wasn't lame enough and moved back in with my folks in Coeur d'Alene, thus ending any possibility I have of ever kissing a girl again in my life. However, the period proved to be lucrative, as I worked at 3 different jobs: waited tables, made more coffee although this time for a locally owned shop, and did more web development. This method of increasing lameness to increase funds paid off, and the end result was a hefty wad of cash in my bank accounts, and the fact that I am, at the moment, sitting in BsAs alone while Tyler is out with a girl. Crap.

The good news is that the trip is soon to begin again. Well, it's actually already begun again, we're just hanging out in BsAs waiting to get bored before we launch ourselves into another chunk of fun and adventure filled months. For those of you in the states, prepare yourselves, perhaps with a thorough tomato juice enema, for Round 2: the Trip continues.

Hasta Luego.
Comments:
Lame for living with parents? I would say that showed fine taste in cheapo accomodations!
 
Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger