Packbacker
CONTACT INFO: If you'd like to contact either Tyler or Micah, our email addresses are tyler.valiquette@gmail.com, and micahdelfino@gmail.com respectively. Also, look for us on MSN Messenger, as we're on frequently.
Sunday, October 10, 2004
Finally, an update
Well, as you've probably noticed, nothing has been posted here for quite some time (almost a month now). This is not exclusively because we're lazy, although the argument could be made that that is the case, and frequently is. In point of fact, I can't even offer up a single other reason than laziness to explain it, given that we've had absolutely nothing else more pressing to do than writing a quick entry, being that we haven't even been travelling. "What", you exclaim, "not even travelling?" That's right, we haven't even been travelling, because we've both been back in the good old USA for a month now.
Here's the deal: Tyler flew back home at the end of August to attend his cousin Rebecca's wedding, and decided to extend his brief sojourn back to American soil into 6 weeks (until tomorrow, the 11th of October in fact). A good portion of his reason was the lack of a pressing need to go back to South America quickly, given that I would be coming home shortly after he left. My original plan was to stay through November, being that my money was running short and I would need to return to the States to replenish my dwindling suppy. This notion was rudely disabused when, after a bit more inspection, discovered that I wouldn't actually be able to make it to November on the money I had. Imagine a man running full tilt down a football field with 100 yards of rope tied on one end to the goalpost behind and the other end around his neck, discovering to his great astonishment that in fact the rope is only 80 yards long. In other words, it came something as a surprise. So, with great regret, I planned to return home earlier, to stay and work just long enough to make enough money to go back, meet up with Tyler, and finish the trip.
So, I flew home on the 9th of September. After over 24 hours of travel, I arrived at my parents house in Coeur d'Alene to surprise my mother with my presence, who had absolutely no idea that I was coming home. My sister and father had been let in on the secret, as it was impossible to arrange it otherwise, but I'm afraid I may have taken as much as 5 years off my mother's life with the shock of her grubby, travel-worn son showing up unannounced for dinner.
So what now? Well, Tyler is going back down to Buenos Aires tomorrow, to do whatever he wants for the next few months. I've moved to Seattle, where I'm now living and working, and will continue to be here for the next few months as well. After I've saved up a sizable chunk of cash, I'll fly back down, meet up with Tyler, and the fun and carnage can begin anew. But don't worry, dear reader, for I shall continue to post, most of them bitter and sarcastic rants about how pissed I am that I have to work while Tyler screws around down in South America. Tyler, of course, will continue to publish his pointless drivel as well, although his topics may be slightly of more interest since he'll be doing interesting things, while I am not.
Anyone interested in helping my travels begin sooner can send me humongous amounts of money to my new address in Seattle: 3410 SW 100th st, Seattle WA, 98146. Should anyone in the US wish to reach me by phone, my new cell phone number is (206) 310-2164. Heavy breathers welcome.
Comments:
Post a Comment
