Packbacker
CONTACT INFO: If you'd like to contact either Tyler or Micah, our email addresses are tyler.valiquette@gmail.com, and micahdelfino@gmail.com respectively. Also, look for us on MSN Messenger, as we're on frequently.
Sunday, January 25, 2004
Well, I finally arrived. Despite previous posts, my journey wasn't quite as arduous as it may have appeared. I missed my connection to Minneapolis, thus costing me my free flight down here to Costa Rica. The next step would have been to wait for a week for the next Northwest flight down on the coming Saturday, were it not for my wonderful parents, who insisted that they buy me a ticket. Being somewhat disappointed that my trip would be delayed, I wasn't particularly inclined to argue. My ticket was actually very reasonable, and being that it was direct to San Jose, actually saved me a lot of trouble.
I arrived today about 1:30 or so, to find Tyler and the man who runs the spanish school (David) waiting for me at the airport. This was quite nice, as he shuttled Tyler and I directly to our host families, which happened to be across the street from one another. I, of course, got the better end of the deal, as Tyler's family runs a brothel out of the living room. (Just kidding Nancy). Actually, both our living situations look very nice (given non-US standards). Should be very entertaining.
So having pried Tyler away from his flirtations with young Costa Rican women, we spent the afternoon taking stock of the situation in a comfortable environment here in the town of Heredia. Ok, it was a bar, which seems to be where Tyler and I feel most at home. After one or two cervezas, our situation seemed more in control, and now that we have the lay of the land, the rest of the experience can begin fully.
School starts tomorrow at 9:00. After rising at such an ungodly hour, we should begin actually absorbing Spanish sometime around noon. Updates will follow.
Comments:
Post a Comment
